PESTLE Insights: Italy – Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 41
- Published: October 2019
- Report Code: MLER0008MEO
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 28.2% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (19.4%), and wholesale, retail and hotels activities (15.6%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 2.1%, 2.5% and 2.7%, respectively, in 2019.
The FTSE MIB (Milano Indice di Borsa) index is the benchmark index of the Italian national stock exchange, the Borsa Italiana. The overall index has recorded moderate growth over the last year. As of October 8th, 2019 FTSE MIB index stood at 21,405.73, compared to 19,851.47 on October 8th, 2018.
Five major regions of Italy generated around 57.97% of the country’s GDP and were home to 51.35% of the country’s population in 2017
Manufacturing, financial and insurance activities, construction and electricity segments emerged as major foreign direct investment (FDI) destination segments in Italy during 2018
– According to the Global Competitiveness Report 2019, Italy’s infrastructure is ranked 18th out of 141 nations
– The Italian government is focused on the development and modernization of infrastructure in the country and has initiated a number of transportation and water infrastructure projects in recent times.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Italy’s Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to West Europe and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
EXHIBIT 4: FTSE MIB Index (October 2018 – October 2019)
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014 – 2021f)
Exhibit 6: FDI Flows (2011 – 2018), Inward FDI Stocks By Sector (2017) And Greenfield FDI Projects Announced (2011 – 2018)
Exhibit 7: Inward FDI Financial Flows – Major Partner Countries (2015 – 2017)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP And Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014 – 2021f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2018)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014 – 2021f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014 – 2021f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports (2014-2018)
Exhibit 14: Machinery, Mechanical Appliances, Nuclear Reactors, Boilers And Parts Thereof, % Share In World’s Total (2018)
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (October 2010 -October 2019)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate (2014 – 2021f)
Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014 – 2021f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014 – 2021f)
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2015 – 2021f)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2015 – 2021f)
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index (2015 – 2021f)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020f)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2000, 2010, 2020f)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020f)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate (2018)
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Population (2018)
Exhibit 27: High”technology Exports (% Of Manufactured Exports) (2018)
Exhibit 38: Doing Business in Italy (2019)
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) (2018)
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2011 – 2016)