PESTLE Insights: Spain – Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 41
- Published: October 2019
- Report Code: MLER0005MEO
Four major autonomous communities of Spain generated around 60.96% of the GDP and were home to 58.91% of the population in 2018
More than 85% of inward FDI flows to Spain in 2018 originated from EU nations. Community of Madrid received 85.2% of the total FDI inward flows to Spain in 2018.
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 22.9% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (19.5%), and mining, manufacturing and utilities (17.7%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 3.4%, 3.6% and 3.4% respectively in 2019.
– According to the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Spain improved over the last three years with an improvement in rank from 23rd in 2016 to 17th out of 160 countries in 2018.
– The overall IBEX 35 index exhibits a downward trend over the last one year. As of August 08, 2019, the Bolsa de Madrid Stock Market Index – IBEX 35 had decreased by 9.01%, compared to August 08, 2018. As of August 08, 2019, IBEX 35 stood at 8,869.00.
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Spain’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe, and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Bolsa de Madrid Stock Market Index – IBEX 35 (August 2018 – August 2019)
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014 – 2021f)
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows (2011-2018), Leading FDI by Sector (2018), and FDI by Industry (2018)
Exhibit 7: Investment Share by Origin of Inward Foreign Investments (2018) and by Recipient Region (2018)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2018)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, (2014-2018)
Exhibit 14: Vehicles; Other Than Railway or Tramway Rolling Stock, % of World’s Total (2018)
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (August 2010 – August 2019)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate (2014- 2021f)
Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014- 2021f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014- 2021f)
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014- 2021f)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014- 2021f)
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index (2014- 2021f)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020f)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2000, 2010, 2020f)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020f)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, (2018e)
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population, (2018)
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) (2017)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Spain (2019)
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) (2018)
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2011-2016)