PESTLE Insights: Russia – Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 41
- Published: August 2019
- Report Code: MLER0003MEO
Five major districts in Russia generated around 85.2% of the country’s GDP and comprised 77.9% of the total population in 2017
The Netherlands was the largest investor in Russia in 2018
Mining, manufacturing and utilities activities contributed 29.8% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (17.7%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (15.2%). In nominal terms, the three sectors grew by 12.9%, 6.5% and 6.1%, respectively, in 2018.
– According to the World Bank's Logistics Performance Index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure rank of Russia improved from 99th in 2016 to 75th in 2018 out of 160 countries.
– The overall MOEX10 index, has recorded an upward trend over the past year. As of July 15, 2019, the Moscow Stock Market Index – MOEX10 had increased by 7.5%, compared to July 16, 2018
Reasons to buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Russia’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to East Europe, and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Moscow Stock Market Index – MICEX10
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 6: Net FDI Inflows (2010-2018) and FDI Inflow by Sectors (2014-2018)
Exhibit 7: FDI Inflow by Region (2014-2018) and Main Investing Region (2018)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2018)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2015-2018
Exhibit 14: Mineral fuels and oils, % of World Exports (2018)
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (September 2013-June 2019)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1990,2000,2010,2020)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (1990,2000,2010,2020)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1990,2000,2010,2020)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2018e
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population, 2018
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) (2017/2018)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Russia 2019
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) 2018
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)