Equatorial Guinea: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 33
- Published: March 2020
- Report Code: ML00003-064
This PEST country analysis report on Equatorial Guinea provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Equatorial Guinea through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Equatorial Guinea through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Equatorial Guinea through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Equatorial Guinea through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Equatorial Guinea, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Equatorial Guinea's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Equatorial Guinea in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Equatorial Guinea perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Equatorial Guinea perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Equatorial Guinea perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments in January 2019 - January 2020
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figures
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.3. Key policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.4.1. GDP and growth rate
4.4.2. Fiscal situation
4.4.3. Current account
4.4.4. Foreign trade
4.4.5. Gross government debt
4.4.6. International investment position
4.4.7. Monetary situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.3.2. Intellectual property
6.3.3. Research and development
6.4.1. Opportunity sectors
8.1. Ask the analyst
8.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Equatorial Guinea – Key facts, 2020
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Gender (as a Percentage of the Total Population), 2019e
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Equatorial Guinea
Figure 2: Equatorial Guinea – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Key Political Figures
Figure 4: Political Composition in the Chamber of Deputies, 2017
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP Growth in Equatorial Guinea, (%) 2009-2019e
Figure 6: GDP and GDP Growth Rate of Equatorial Guinea (US$ Bn/%), 2014-2024f
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Equatorial Guinea (%), 2018
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Equatorial Guinea (XAF Bn/%), 2013-2018
Figure 9: Industrial Output in Equatorial Guinea (XAF Tn/%), 2013-2018
Figure 10: Services Output in Equatorial Guinea (XAF Tn/%), 2013-2018
Figure 11: Equatorial Guinea’s Trade Position (US$ Bn), 2012-2016
Figure 12: Consumer Price Index and CPI-based Inflation in Equatorial Guinea, 2014-2024f
Figure 13: Unemployment in Equatorial Guinea (Thousands/%), 2014-2024f
Figure 14: Expenditure on Healthcare in Equatorial Guinea ($ Million/% of GDP), 2012-2018
Figure 15: Internet Users and Penetration (Millions/%), 2014-2019e