Zimbabwe: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 37
- Published: March 2020
- Report Code: ML00003-063
This PEST country analysis report on Zimbabwe provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Zimbabwe through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Zimbabwe through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Zimbabwe through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Zimbabwe through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Zimbabwe, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Zimbabwe's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Zimbabwe in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Zimbabwe perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Zimbabwe perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Zimbabwe perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments in January 2019 - February 2020
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
3. GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
4. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Key political figures
4.3.2. Key policies
5. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Financial system
5.4.1. GDP and growth rate
5.4.2. Fiscal situation
5.4.3. External debt
5.4.4. International investment position
6. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
6.2. Structure and policies
6.2.1. Demographic composition
7. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
7.2. Structure and policies
7.2.1. Intellectual property
7.2.2. Research and development
7.3.1. Opportunity sectors
8.1. Ask the analyst
8.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Zimbabwe – key facts, 2020
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Gender (% of Total Population), 2019e
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Zimbabwe, 2020
Figure 2: Zimbabwe – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Zimbabwe – Head of State and Government
Figure 4: Political Composition in the House of Representatives (Number of Seats), 2018
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP Growth in Zimbabwe (%), 2014- 2019e
Figure 6: Real GDP and GDP Growth Rate of Zimbabwe (Constant Prices), 2014-2024f
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Zimbabwe, 2019e
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Zimbabwe (Z$Bn/%), 2014-2019e
Figure 9: Industrial Output in Zimbabwe (Z$Bn/%), 2014-2019e
Figure 10: Services Output in Zimbabwe (Z$Bn/%), 2014-2019e
Figure 11: Zimbabwe’s Position (US$ Bn), 2013-2018
Figure 12: Consumer Price Index and CPI-based Inflation in Zimbabwe, 2014-2024f
Figure 13: Unemployment in Zimbabwe (Million/%), 2014-2024f
Figure 14: Major Religions in Zimbabwe, 2015
Figure 15: Expenditure on Healthcare in Zimbabwe (US$ Bn/%), 2010-2018
Figure 16: Internet Users and Penetration (Million Users/%), 2013-2019e