Angola: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 33
- Published: January 2019
- Report Code: ML00003-062
This PEST country analysis report on Angola provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Angola through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Angola through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Angola through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Angola through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Angola, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Angola's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Angola in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Angola perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Angola perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Angola perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
Key highlights 2
Key developments in 2018 3
Key Facts and Geographic Location 8
Key facts 8
Geographic location 8
Political Landscape 10
Structure and policies 12
Key political figures 12
Structure of government 12
Key policies 13
Governance indicators 15
Economic Landscape 16
Structure and policies 17
Financial system 17
GDP and growth rate 18
Fiscal situation 22
Current account 22
Foreign trade 22
External debt 23
International investment position 23
Monetary situation 23
Key monetary indicators 24
Social Landscape 26
Structure and policies 26
Demographic composition 26
Technological Landscape 30
Structure and policies 30
Intellectual property 30
Opportunity sectors 30
Ask the analyst 32
About MarketLine 32
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Angola – Key Facts, 2019 8
Table 2: Mid-year population by gender (as a percentage of total population), 2018 27
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Angola, 2018 9
Figure 2: Angola – A Timeline of Key Political Events 11
Figure 3: Angola – Key Political Figures, 2018 12
Figure 4: Angola – Political Composition in the National Assembly, 2017 13
Figure 5: Angola – Evolution of GDP Growth, 2007-2018e 17
Figure 6: Angola – GDP and GDP Growth Rate, 2013-2023f 18
Figure 7: Angola – Sector Specific GDP, 2018 19
Figure 8: Angola – Agricultural Output, 2013-2018 20
Figure 9: Angola – Industrial Output, 2013-2018e 21
Figure 10: Angola – Services Output, 2013-2018 22
Figure 11: Angola – Trade Position, 2014-2018e 23
Figure 12: Angola – Consumer Price Index and Consumer Price Index-Based Inflation, 2013-2023f 24
Figure 13: Angola – Unemployment (Thousands), 2013-2023f 24
Figure 14: Angola – Major Religions 28
Figure 15: Angola – Healthcare Expenditure, 2008-2017 29
Figure 16: Angola – Internet Users and Penetration, 2013-2018e 31