Myanmar: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 33
- Published: October 2019
- Report Code: ML00003-060
This PEST country analysis report on Myanmar provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Myanmar through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Myanmar through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Myanmar through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Myanmar through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Myanmar, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Myanmar's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Myanmar in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Myanmar perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Myanmar perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Myanmar perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments in January 2018-October 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figure
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.3. Composition of government
3.3.4. Key policies
3.3.5. Economic and social policies
3.3.6. Foreign and defense policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. GDP and growth rate
4.3.2. Fiscal situation
4.3.3. International investment position
4.3.4. Monetary situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.4.1. Telecommunications and internet
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Myanmar – Key Facts, 2019
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (% of Total Population), 2018e
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Myanmar
Figure 2: Myanmar – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Myanmar – Key Political Figures
Figure 4: Composition of the House of Representatives after the 2015 Elections
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP Growth in Myanmar (%), 2008-2018
Figure 6: GDP and GDP Growth Rate of Myanmar (Constant Prices), 2013-2023f
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Myanmar, 2018e
Figure 8: Agricultural Output, 2013-2018e
Figure 9: Industrial Output, 2013-2018e
Figure 10: Services Output, 2013-2018e
Figure 11: Myanmar’s External Trade (US$ Billion), 2013-2017
Figure 12: Consumer Price Index and Consumer Price Index-based Inflation in Myanmar, 2013-2023f
Figure 13: Unemployment in Myanmar (Thousands/%), 2013-2023f
Figure 14: Major Religions in Myanmar
Figure 15: Health Expenditure (US$ Billion/%), 2011-2017
Figure 16: Internet Users and Penetration (Internet Users in Millions/%), 2013-2018e