Kenya: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 35
- Published: July 2019
- Report Code: ML00003-058
This PEST country analysis report on Kenya provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Kenya through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Kenya through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Kenya through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Kenya through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Kenya , as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Kenya 's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Kenya in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Kenya perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Kenya perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Kenya perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments January 2018June 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figure
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.3. Key political parties
3.3.4. Composition of National Assembly
3.3.5. Key policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.4.1. GDP and growth rate
4.4.2. GDP composition by sector
4.4.3. Fiscal situation
4.4.4. Current account
4.4.5. Foreign trade
4.4.6. External debt
4.4.7. International investment position
4.4.8. Monetary situation
4.4.9. CPI inflation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
5.3.4. Social welfare
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.3.2. Telecommunications and Internet
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Kenya key facts, 2019
Table 2: Mid-year population (as a percentage of total population), 2018e
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Kenya
Figure 2: Kenya key political events timeline
Figure 3: Kenya Key political figures
Figure 4: Distribution of seats in the National Assembly in Kenya, 2017
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP growth in Kenya, 200718e
Figure 6: GDP and GDP growth rate of Kenya (constant prices), 201323f
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Kenya, 2018e
Figure 8: Agricultural output in Kenya, 201318e
Figure 9: Industrial output in Kenya, 201318e
Figure 10: Services output in Kenya, 201318e
Figure 11: Kenya’s external trade, 201518
Figure 12: Consumer price index (CPI) and CPI-based inflation in Kenya, 201323f
Figure 13: Unemployment in Kenya, 201323f
Figure 13: Major religions in Kenya
Figure 14: Healthcare expenditure, Kenya, 201117
Figure 15: Internet users and penetration, Kenya, 201318e