Ecuador: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 42
- Published: June 2020
- Report Code: ML00003-057
This PEST country analysis report on Ecuador provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Ecuador through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Ecuador through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Ecuador through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Ecuador through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Ecuador, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Ecuador's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Ecuador in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Ecuador perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Ecuador perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Ecuador perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key Developments (March 2019 to May 2020)
1.4. Impact of COVID-19 on the Ecuador economy
1.4.2. Government measures
184.108.40.206. Travel ban
1.4.3. Impact on the economy
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figures
M A R K E T L I N E
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.3. Key political parties
3.3.4. Composition of government
3.3.5. Key policies
3.3.8. Foreign and defense policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.3.2. Financial authorities/regulators
4.3.3. Key policies
4.4.1. GDP and growth rate
4.4.2. GDP composition by sector
4.4.4. Fiscal situation
4.4.5. Current account
4.4.6. Foreign trade
4.4.7. External debt
4.4.8. International investment position
4.4.9. Monetary situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
5.3.4. Social welfare
5.4.2. Income distribution
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.3.1. Intellectual property
6.3.2. Research and development
6.4.1. Telecommunications, broadband, and internet
7. ASK THE ANALYST
7.1. About MarketLine
8. ABOUT MARKETLINE
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Ecuador – key facts, 2020
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (% of Total Population), 2019
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Ecuador
Figure 2: Ecuador – key political events timeline
Figure 3: Ecuador – Head of State and Government
Figure 4: Composition of the National Assembly, 2017
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP Growth in Ecuador, 2010-2019
Figure 6: GDP and Real GDP Growth Rate, 2013-2021f
Figure 7: Sector, Specific GDP in Ecuador, 2019
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Ecuador, 2014-2019
Figure 9: Industrial Output in Ecuador, 2014-2019
Figure 10: Services Output in Ecuador, 2014-2019
Figure 10: Trade Position in Ecuador, 2014-2018
Figure 11: FDI Inflows and % of Gross Fixed Capital Formation (2016-2018) and Number of Greenfield Investments (2012-2018)
Figure 12: Inflation in Ecuador, 2013-2021f
Figure 13: Unemployment in Ecuador, 2013-2021f
Figure 14: Major Religions in Ecuador
Figure 15: Healthcare Expenditure, 2012-2018
Figure 16: Gross and Net Enrolment Ratio (%) (2010-2018) and TVET as % of Total Enrolment in Secondary Education (2015-2018)
Figure 17: Patents granted per million Population (2010-2019)
Figure 18: Total Expenditure on R&D in Ecuador, 2013-2018
Figure 19: Internet Users in Ecuador, 2015-2019