Ghana In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 40
- Published: February 2021
- Report Code: ML00003-054
This PEST country analysis report on Ghana provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Ghana through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Ghana through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Ghana through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Ghana through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Ghana, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Ghana's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Ghana in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Ghana perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Ghana perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Ghana perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key Highlights
1.3. Key Developments (March 2020 to February 2021)
1.4. Impact of COVID-19 on the Ghanaian economy
1.4.2. Government measures
126.96.36.199. Travel ban
1.4.3. Impact on the economy
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key Facts
2.2. Geographical Location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and Policies
3.3.1. Key Political Figures
3.3.2. Government Structure
3.3.3. Key Political Parties
3.3.4. Government Composition
3.4. Key Policies
3.4.2. Foreign and Defense Policies
3.5.1. Governance Indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and Policies
4.3.1. Financial System
4.4.1. GDP and Growth Rate
4.4.2. GDP Composition by Sector
4.4.3. Fiscal Situation
4.4.4. Foreign Trade
4.4.5. External Debt
4.4.6. International Investment Position
4.4.7. Monetary Situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and Policies
5.3.1. Demographic Composition
5.4.2. Standard of living
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and Policies
6.3.2. Intellectual property
6.3.3. Research and development
6.4.1. Telecommunications, Broadband, and Internet
7. ASK THE ANALYST
7.1. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Ghana – Key Facts, 2021
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (% of Total Population), 2020e
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Ghana, 2021
Figure 2: Ghana – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Ghana – Head of State and Government
Figure 4: Distribution of Seats by Political Party in the 2020 Elections
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP Growth in Ghana (%), 2011-2020e
Figure 6: Ghana’s GDP and GDP Growth Rate (US$ Bn/%), 2016-2025f
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Ghana (%), 2020e
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Ghana (GHS Bn/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 9: Industrial Output in Ghana (GHS Bn/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 10: Services Output in Ghana (GHS Bn/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 11: Exports and Imports Growth (%), 2016-2025f
Figure 12: Consumer Price Index (CPI) and CPI-based Inflation in Ghana, 2016-2025f
Figure 13: Major Religions in Ghana (%)
Figure 14: Healthcare Expenditure (US$ Bn/% of GDP), 2014-2018
Figure 15: Primary Education: Gross and Net Enrollment Ratio % (2011-2019)
Figure 16: Internet Users and Penetration (Million/%), 2016-2020e