Uruguay: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 37
- Published: July 2019
- Report Code: ML00003-051
This PEST country analysis report on Uruguay provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Uruguay through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Uruguay through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Uruguay through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Uruguay through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Uruguay, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Uruguay's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Uruguay in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Uruguay perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Uruguay perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Uruguay perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments January 2018-July 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographic location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figures
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.4. Structure of legislature
3.3.5. Key political parties
3.3.6. Composition of government
3.3.7. Key policies
3.3.9. Foreign and defense policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.3.3. Financial authorities and regulators
4.4.1. GDP and growth rate
4.4.3. GDP composition by sector
4.4.7. Fiscal situation
4.4.8. Fiscal deficit/surplus situation
4.4.9. Current account
4.4.10. Foreign trade
4.4.11. External debt
4.4.12. International investment position
4.4.13. Monetary situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
5.4.2. Income distribution
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.3.1. Intellectual property
6.3.2. Research and development
6.4.1. Opportunity sectors
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Uruguay – Key Facts, 2019
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (as a Percentage of Total Population), 2018
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Uruguay
Figure 2: Uruguay – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Uruguay – Key Political Figures
Figure 4: Distribution of Seats in the Chamber of Representatives, 2014
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP Growth in Uruguay, 2008-2018
Figure 6: Uruguay’s GDP and GDP Growth Rate (Constant Prices), 2013-2023f
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Uruguay, 2018e
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Uruguay (UYU Billion), 2013-2018e
Figure 9: Industrial Output in Uruguay (UYU Billion), 2013-2018e
Figure 10: Services Output in Uruguay (UYU Billion), 2013-2018e
Figure 11: Uruguay’s Trade Position (US$ Billion), 2014-2018
Figure 12: Consumer Price Index and CPI-Based Inflation in Uruguay, 2013-2023f
Figure 13: Unemployment in Uruguay (Thousands/%), 2013-2023f
Figure 14: Major Religions in Uruguay, 2018
Figure 15: Healthcare Expenditure (US$ Billion/%), 2011-2017
Figure 16: Public Education Expenditure (US$ Billion/% of GDP), 2010-2016
Figure 17: Internet Users and Penetration (Millions/%), 2013-2018e