Turkmenistan: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 30
- Published: November 2018
- Report Code: ML00003-049
This PEST country analysis report on Turkmenistan provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Turkmenistan through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Turkmenistan through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Turkmenistan through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Turkmenistan through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Turkmenistan, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Turkmenistan's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Turkmenistan in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Turkmenistan perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Turkmenistan perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Turkmenistan perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
Key highlights 2
Key developments January 2017-October 2018 3
Key Facts and Geographic Location 8
Key facts 8
Geographical location 9
Political Landscape 10
Structure and policies 11
Key political figures 11
Structure of government 11
Key policies 11
Governance indicators 12
Economic Landscape 14
Structure and policies 15
Financial system 15
GDP and growth rate 15
Fiscal situation 20
International investment position 20
Monetary situation 21
Social Landscape 23
Structure and policies 23
Demographic composition 23
Technological Landscape 27
Structure and policies 27
Ask the analyst 29
About MarketLine 29
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Turkmenistan – key facts, 2018 8
Table 2: Mid-year population by age (percentage of total population), 2017 24
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Turkmenistan 9
Figure 2: Turkmenistan – key political events timeline 10
Figure 3: Turkmenistan – key political figures 11
Figure 4: Evolution of GDP growth in Turkmenistan, 2007-17 15
Figure 5: GDP and GDP growth rate of Turkmenistan (constant prices), 2012-22f 16
Figure 6: Sector-specific GDP in Turkmenistan, 2017 17
Figure 7: Agricultural output in Turkmenistan, 2012-17 18
Figure 8: Industrial output in Turkmenistan, 2012-17 19
Figure 9: Services output in Turkmenistan, 2012-17 20
Figure 10: Consumer price index-based inflation in Turkmenistan, 2012-22f 21
Figure 11: Unemployment rate in Turkmenistan, 2012-22f 22
Figure 12: Major religions in Turkmenistan 25
Figure 13: Healthcare expenditure in Turkmenistan, 2011-17 26
Figure 14: Internet users in Turkmenistan, 2013-17 28