Slovenia: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 36
- Published: November 2018
- Report Code: ML00003-041
This PEST country analysis report on Slovenia provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Slovenia through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Slovenia through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Slovenia through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Slovenia through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Slovenia, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Slovenia's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Slovenia in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Slovenia perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Slovenia perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Slovenia perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
Key highlights 2
Key developments January 2017October 2018 3
Key Facts and Geographic Location 8
Key facts 8
Geographic location 9
Political Landscape 10
Structure and policies 12
Key political figures 12
Structure of government 12
Structure of legislature 13
Key policies 14
Governance indicators 15
Economic Landscape 17
Structure and policies 18
Financial system 18
GDP and growth rate 19
Fiscal situation 23
International investment position 24
Monetary situation 24
Social Landscape 27
Structure and policies 27
Demographic composition 27
Income distribution 31
Technological Landscape 33
Structure and policies 33
Intellectual property 33
Opportunity sectors 33
Ask the analyst 35
About MarketLine 35
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Slovenia Key Facts, 2018 8
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (%), 2017 28
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Slovenia 9
Figure 2: Slovenia Key Political Events Timeline 11
Figure 3: Slovenia Key Political Figures 12
Figure 4: Distribution of Seats in Parliament as of June 2018 14
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP Growth in Slovenia, 20072017 18
Figure 6: GDP and GDP Growth Rate of Slovenia (Constant Prices), 20122022f 19
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Slovenia, 2017 20
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Slovenia (EUR Million/%), 20122017 21
Figure 9: Industrial Output in Slovenia (EUR Billion/%), 20122017 22
Figure 10: Services Output in Slovenia (EUR Billion/%), 20122017 23
Figure 11: Slovenia’s Trade Position, 20132017 24
Figure 12: Consumer Price Index and CPI-based Inflation in Slovenia, 20122022f 25
Figure 13: Unemployment in Slovenia (Thousands/%), 20122022f 26
Figure 14: Major religions in Slovenia 29
Figure 15: Healthcare Expenditure in Slovenia ($ Billion/%), 20112017 31
Figure 16: Expenditure on Education ($ Billion/%), 20102016 32
Figure 17: Internet Users and Penetration (Millions/%), 20132017 34