Romania: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 41
- Published: May 2020
- Report Code: ML00003-038
This PEST country analysis report on Romania provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Romania through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Romania through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Romania through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Romania through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Romania, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Romania's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Romania in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Romania perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Romania perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Romania perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments during March 2019 - May 2020
1.4. Impact of COVID19 on the Romanian economy
1.4.2. Government measures
184.108.40.206. Travel ban
1.4.3. Impact on the economy
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographic location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.4.1. Fiscal situation
4.4.2. International investment position
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
5.4.2. Income distribution
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.3.1. Intellectual property
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Romania – Key Facts, 2020
Table 2: Romania – Population by Gender (as a Percentage of the Total Population), 2019
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Romania
Figure 2: Romania – Timeline of Key Political Events
Figure 3: Romania – Key Political Figures
Figure 4: Distribution of Seats in the Chamber of Deputies in Romania, December 2016
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP (%), 2010-2019
Figure 6: Real GDP and GDP Growth (Constant Prices), 2015-2022f
Figure 7: GDP by Sector in Romania (%), 2019
Figure 8: Romania – Agricultural Output (RON Billion/%), 2013-2019
Figure 9: Romania – Industrial Output (RON Billion/%), 2013-2019
Figure 10: Romania – Services Output (RON Billion/%), 2013-2019
Figure 11: External Trade in Romania (US$ Billion), 2016-2019
Figure 12: FDI inflows, Equity and Debt (US$ Billion/%), 2015-2018, and Number of Greenfield Investments, 2012-2018
Figure 13: Consumer Price Index and CPI-Based Inflation, 2015-2022f
Figure 14: Unemployment Rate (%), 2015-2022f
Figure 15: Religion in Romania (%), 2011
Figure 16: Total Healthcare Expenditure (US$ Billion/%), 2013-2018
Figure 17: Gross and Net Enrollment Rate (%) 2014-2017
Figure 18: Patents Granted per Million Population, 2012-2019
Figure 19: Internet Users in Romania (Millions/%), 2012-2019