Qatar: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 40
- Published: June 2020
- Report Code: ML00003-037
This PEST country analysis report on Qatar provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Qatar through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Qatar through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Qatar through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Qatar through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Qatar, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Qatar's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Qatar in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Qatar perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Qatar perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Qatar perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments in January 2019 - May 2020
1.4. Impact of COVID19 on the Qatari economy
1.4.2. Government measures 3
188.8.131.52. Travel ban
1.4.3. Impact of COVID19 on the economy
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES
2. KEY FACTS
3. GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION
4. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Key political figures
4.3.2. Structure of the government
4.3.3. Key policies
4.4.1. Governance indicators
5. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Financial system
5.4.1. GDP and growth rate
5.4.2. Fiscal situation
5.4.3. International investment position
5.4.4. Monetary situation
6. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.3.1. Demographic composition
6.3.4. Social welfare
6.4.2. Income distribution
7. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
7.3. Structure and policies
7.3.1. Intellectual property
7.3.2. Research and development
7.4.1. Opportunity sectors
8.1. Ask the analyst
8.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Qatar – Key Facts, 2020
Table 1: Mid-year Population by Age (% of Total Population), 2019
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Qatar
Figure 2: Qatar – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Qatar – Key Political Figures
Figure 4: Evolution of GDP Growth in Qatar, 2009-2019
Figure 5: Real GDP and GDP Growth Rate of Qatar (Constant Prices), 2014-2024f
Figure 6: GDP Composition by Sector, 2018
Figure 7: Agriculture Output in Qatar (QAR Billion/%), 2013-2018
Figure 8: Industry Output (QAR Billion/%), 2013-2018
Figure 9: Services Output (QAR Billion/%), 2013-2018
Figure 10: Trade Position of Qatar (US$ Billion), 2014-2018
Figure 11: CPI and CPI-based Inflation in Qatar, 2014-2024f
Figure 12: Unemployment in Qatar (%), 2014-2024f
Figure 13: Major Religions in Qatar, 2010
Figure 14: Healthcare Expenditure in Qatar (US$ Billion/% of GDP), 2012-2018
Figure 15: Government Expenditure on Education in Qatar (US$ Billion/% of GDP), 2010-2016
Figure 16: Internet Users in Qatar (Millions/%), 2014-2019