Nepal: In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Pages: 36
- Published: September 2018
- Report Code: ML00003-030
This PEST country analysis report on Nepal provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Nepal through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Nepal through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Nepal through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Nepal through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Nepal, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Nepal's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Nepal in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Nepal perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Nepal perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Nepal perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
Key highlights 2
Key developments (January 2017-September 2018) 3
Key Facts and Geographic Location 8
Key facts 8
Geographical location 9
Political Landscape 10
Structure and policies 12
Key political figures 12
Structure of government 12
Structure of legislature 13
Key policies 14
Foreign and defense 15
Governance indicators 16
Economic Landscape 17
Structure and policies 18
Financial system 18
GDP and growth rate 18
Fiscal situation 23
International investment position 24
Monetary situation 24
Social Landscape 27
Structure and policies 27
Demographic composition 27
Income distribution 31
Technological Landscape 32
Structure and policies 32
Intellectual property 32
Research and Development 33
Information Communication and Technology 33
Opportunity sectors 33
Research and development 34
Ask the analyst 35
About MarketLine 35
List of Tables
List Of Tables
Table 1: Nepal – key facts, 2018 8
Table 2: Mid-year population by age (% of total population), 2017 28
List of Figures
List Of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Nepal 9
Figure 2: Nepal – key political events timeline 11
Figure 3: Nepal – head of state and government 12
Figure 4: Distribution of seats for the House of Representatives after 2017 elections 14
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP growth in Nepal, 2007-2017 18
Figure 6: GDP and GDP growth rate of Nepal (constant prices), 2012-22f 19
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Nepal, 2017 20
Figure 8: Agricultural output in Nepal, 2012-17 21
Figure 9: Industrial output in Nepal, 2012-17 22
Figure 10: Services output in Nepal, 2012-17 23
Figure 11: Nepal’s trade position, 2012-16 24
Figure 12: Consumer Price Index and inflation rate in Nepal, 2012-22f 25
Figure 13: Unemployment in Nepal, 2012-22f 26
Figure 14: Major religions in Nepal 29
Figure 15: Healthcare expenditure, 2011-17 31
Figure 16: Internet Users in Nepal, 2012-16 34