Nepal In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 45
- Published: October 2020
- Report Code: ML00003-030
This PEST country analysis report on Nepal provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Nepal through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Nepal through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Nepal through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Nepal through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Nepal, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Nepal's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Nepal in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Nepal perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Nepal perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Nepal perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments in October 2019 - September 2020
1.4. Impact of COVID-19 on the Nepal economy
1.4.2. Government measures
18.104.22.168. Travel ban
1.4.3. Impact on the economy
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figures
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.3. Key policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.3.2. GDP and growth rate
4.3.3. Fiscal situation
4.3.4. International investment position
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
5.4.2. Income distribution
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.3.1. Intellectual Property
6.3.2. Research and development
6.3.3. Information Communication and Technology
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Nepal – key facts, 2020
Table 2: Mid-year population by age (% of total population), 2019
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Nepal
Figure 2: Nepal – key political events timeline
Figure 3: Nepal – key political figure
Figure 4: Distribution of seats by political parties as of 2018 in Nepal
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP growth in Nepal, 2010-2019
Figure 6: Real GDP and GDP growth rate of Nepal, 2015-2024f
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Nepal, 2019
Figure 8: Agricultural output in Nepal, 2015-2020f
Figure 9: Industrial output in Nepal, 2015-2020f
Figure 10: Services output in Nepal, 2015-2020f
Figure 11: Nepal’s balance of trade position, 2014-2018
Figure 12: FDI Inflows and Gross Fixed Capital Formation (Bn/%) (2016-2019) and Number of Greenfield Investments (2013-2019) in Nepal
Figure 13: Consumer price index (CPI) and CPI-based inflation in Nepal, 2015-2024f
Figure 14: Unemployment in Nepal, 2015-2024f
Figure 15: Major religions in Nepal
Figure 16: Expenditure on healthcare in Nepal, 2012-2018
Figure 17: Education participation in 2019 and government expenditure on education (%) 2014-2018
Figure 18: Internet users in Nepal, 2015-2019