Libya: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 31
- Published: July 2019
- Report Code: ML00003-026
This PEST country analysis report on Libya provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Libya through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Libya through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Libya through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Libya through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Libya, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Libya 's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Libya in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Libya perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Libya perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Libya perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments (January 2018 to July 2019)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figures
3.3.2. Key policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.3.2. Financial authorities/regulators
4.4.1. GDP and growth rate
4.4.2. GDP composition by sector
4.4.3. Fiscal situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.3.1. Intellectual property
6.3.2. Research and development
6.4.1. Telecommunications and Internet
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Libya – key facts, 2019
Table 2: Mid-year population by age (% of total population), 2018
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of the Libya
Figure 2: Libya – key political events timeline
Figure 3: Libya – head of the government
Figure 4: Real GDP growth rate of Libya, 2008-2018
Figure 5: GDP and growth rate of Libya, 2013-2023f
Figure 6: Sector-specific GDP in Libya, 2018e
Figure 7: Agricultural output, 2013-18e
Figure 8: Industrial output, 2013-18e
Figure 9: Services output, 2013-18e
Figure 10: Exports and Imports, 2012-16
Figure 11: Consumer price index and inflation, 2013-23f
Figure 12: Total unemployment and unemployment rate, 2013-23f
Figure 13: Healthcare expenditure, 2011-17
Figure 14: Internet users and penetration, 2013-18e