Lebanon: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 41
- Published: May 2020
- Report Code: ML00003-025
This PEST country analysis report on Lebanon provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Lebanon through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Lebanon through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Lebanon through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Lebanon through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Lebanon, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Lebanon's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Lebanon in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Lebanon perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Lebanon perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Lebanon perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and Policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.3.2. Financial authorities and regulators
4.4.1. GDP and growth rate
4.4.2. GDP composition by sector
4.4.6. Fiscal deficit/surplus
4.4.7. Current account
4.4.8. Foreign trade
4.4.9. International investment position
4.4.10. Monetary situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and Policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
5.4.2. Standard of living
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Lebanon – Key Facts, 2020
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (Percentage of Total Population), 2019
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Lebanon
Figure 2: Lebanon – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Lebanon – Head of State and Head of the Government
Figure 4: Evolution of GDP Growth in Lebanon, 2010-2019
Figure 5: GDP and GDP Growth Rate (Constant Prices) of Lebanon, 2014-2020f
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Lebanon, 2019
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Lebanon (LBP Trillion/%), 2014-2019
Figure 9: Industrial Output in Lebanon (LBP Trillion/%), 2014-2019
Figure 10: Services Output in Lebanon, 2014-2019
Figure 11: Trade Position in Lebanon (US$ Billion), 2014-2018
Figure 12: FDI Inflows in Lebanon and Percentage of Gross Fixed Capital Formation, 2016-2018, and Number of Greenfield Investments in Lebanon, 2012-2018
Figure 13: CPI-based Inflation in Lebanon, 2014-2020f
Figure 14: Unemployment Rate in Lebanon (2015-2022f)
Figure 15: Major Religions in Lebanon, 2018
Figure 16: Healthcare Expenditure (US$ Billion/%), 2012-2018
Figure 17: Share of Students in Levels of Education and TVET as a Percentage of Total Enrolment in Secondary Education, 2015-2018
Figure 18: Patents per Million Population, 2010-2019
Figure 19: Internet Users and Penetration (Millions/%), 2014-2019