Latvia: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 35
- Published: May 2019
- Report Code: ML00003-024
This PEST country analysis report on Latvia provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Latvia through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Latvia through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Latvia through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Latvia through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Latvia , as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Latvia 's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Latvia in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Latvia perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Latvia perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Latvia perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key Highlights
1.3. Key Developments (January 2018-May 2019)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key Facts
2.2. Geographical Location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and Policies
3.3.1. Key Political Figures
3.3.2. Structure of Government
3.3.3. Key Political Parties
3.3.4. Composition of Government
3.3.5. Key Policies
3.4.1. Governance Indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and Policies
4.3.1. Financial System
4.4.1. GDP and Growth Rate
4.4.2. GDP Composition by Sector
4.4.3. Fiscal Situation
4.4.4. Current Account
4.4.5. Foreign Trade
4.4.6. External Debt
4.4.7. International Investment Position
4.4.8. Monetary Situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and Policies
5.3.1. Demographic Composition
5.4.2. Income Distribution
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and Policies
6.3.1. Intellectual Property
6.4.1. Telecommunications, Broadband, and Internet
6.4.2. Research and Development
6.5. Ask the Analyst
6.6. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Latvia – Key Facts, 2019
Table 2: Latvia – Population by Age (as a Percentage of the Total Population), 2018
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Latvia
Figure 2: Latvia – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Latvia – Head of State and Government
Figure 4: Latvia – Distribution of Seats by Political Party, 2019
Figure 5: Latvia – Evolution of GDP Growth (%), 2008-2018
Figure 6: Latvia – GDP (nominal) and GDP Growth (US$ Bn / %), 2013-2023f
Figure 7: Latvia – GDP by Sector (%), 2018
Figure 8: Latvia – Agricultural Output (EUR Bn / %), 2013-2018
Figure 9: Latvia – Industrial Output (EUR Bn / %), 2013-2018
Figure 10: Latvia – Services Output (EUR Bn / %), 2013-2018
Figure 11: Latvia – Trade Position (US$ Bn), 2013-2017
Figure 12: Latvia – Consumer Price Index (CPI) and CPI-Based Inflation, 2013-2023f
Figure 13: Latvia – Unemployment (Thousands), 2013-2023f
Figure 14: Latvia – Major Religions (%)
Figure 15: Latvia – Healthcare Expenditure (US$ Bn / %), 2011-2017
Figure 9: Public Education Expenditure in Latvia, 2011-2016
Figure 17: Latvia – Internet Users and Penetration (Millions / %), 2014-2018e