Iran: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 37
- Published: May 2020
- Report Code: ML00003-021
This PEST country analysis report on Iran provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Iran through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Iran through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Iran through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Iran through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Iran, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Iran's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Iran in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Iran perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Iran perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Iran perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.3. Key developments March 2019–April2020
1.4. Impact of COVID19 on the Iranian economy
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Iran – Key Facts, 2020
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Gender (% of Total Population) in 2019
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1:Map of Iran
Figure 2:Iran -Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3:Iran -Key Political Figures
Figure 4:Evolution of GDP Growth in Iran, 2011–2019
Figure 5:GDP and GDP Growth Rate of Iran (Constant Prices), 2015–2022f
Figure 6:Sector Specific GDP in Iran, 2019e
Figure 7:Agriculture Output, 2014–2019e
Figure 8: Industry Output, 2014–2019e
Figure 9:Services Output, 2014–2019e
Figure 10:Iran’s Balance of Trade Position, 2014-2017
Figure 11:FDI Inflows and % of Gross Fixed Capital Formation (Bn/%) (2016–2018), Number of Greenfield Investments (2013–2018)
Figure 12:Consumer Price Index and Consumer Price Index-based Inflation in Iran, 2015–2022f
Figure 1311:Unemployment in Iran, 2010-2022f
Figure 12: Religious Composition
Figure 15:Expenditure on Healthcare in Iran, 2012–2018
Figure 13:Gross and Net Enrollment Ratio (2011–2017) in Iran
Figure 17: Patents Granted per Million Population (2010–2019)
Figure 18:Internet Users and Penetration, 2014–2019e