Iran In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 42
- Published: February 2021
- Report Code: ML00003-021
This PEST country analysis report on Iran provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Iran through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Iran through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Iran through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Iran through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Iran , as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Iran 's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Iran in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Iran perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Iran perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Iran perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments (February 2020 - January 2021)
1.4. Impact of COVID-19 on the Iranian economy
1.4.2. Government measures
18.104.22.168. Travel ban
1.4.3. Impact COVID-19 on the economy
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figures
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.3. Key policies
3.3.6. Foreign and defense policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.4.1. GDP and growth rate
4.4.2. Fiscal situation
4.4.3. International investment position
4.4.4. Monetary situation
4.4.5. Consumer price index inflation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.3.1. Intellectual Property
6.3.2. Research and development
6.4.1. Mobile and internet
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Iran – Key Facts, 2021
Table 2: Iran – Mid-year Population by Gender (% of Total Population), 2020e
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Iran, 2021
Figure 2: Iran – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Iran – Key Political Figures
Figure 4: Iran – Evolution of GDP Growth, 2011-2020e
Figure 5: Iran – GDP and GDP Growth Rate (Constant Prices), 2016-2025f
Figure 6: Iran – Sector-specific GDP, 2020e
Figure 7: Iran – Agriculture Output (IRR Trillion/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 8: Iran – Industry Output (IRR Trillion/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 9: Iran – Services Output (IRR Trillion/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 10: Iran – General Government Net Lending/Borrowing (IRR Trillion/% of GDP), 2016-2025f
Figure 11: Iran – Current Account Balance (US$ Billion/% of GDP), 2016-2025f
Figure 12: Iran – General Government Gross Debt (IRR Trillion/% of GDP), 2016-2025f
Figure 13: Iran – Volume of Exports and Imports of Goods and Services (%), 2016-2025f
Figure 14: Iran – Consumer Price Index and CPI-based Inflation in Iran, 2016-2025f
Figure 15: Iran – Unemployment in Iran (%), 2016-2025f
Figure 16: Iran – Religious Composition, 2011
Figure 17: Iran – Expenditure on Healthcare (US$ Billion/%), 2012-2018
Figure 18: Iran – Gross and Net Enrollment Ratio in Primary Education (%), 2011-2017
Figure 19: Iran – Patents Granted per Million Population, 2011-2020
Figure 20: Iran – Internet Users (Millions/% of Population), 2016-2020e