Guatemala In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 36
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: ML00003-019
This PEST country analysis report on Guatemala provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Guatemala through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Guatemala through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Guatemala through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Guatemala through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Guatemala, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Guatemala's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Guatemala in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Guatemala perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Guatemala perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Guatemala perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments (June 2020 - May 2021)
1.4. Impact of COVID-19 on the Guatemalan Economy
1.4.2. Government measures
22.214.171.124. Travel ban
1.4.3. Recovery of the economy from COVID-19 crisis
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figure
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.3. Key policies
3.3.6. Foreign and defense policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.4.1. GDP and growth rate
4.4.2. GDP composition by sector
4.4.3. Fiscal situation
4.4.4. International investment position
4.4.5. Monetary situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
5.4.2. Standard of living
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Guatemala – Key Facts, 2021
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (Percentage of Population), 2020
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Guatemala, 2021
Figure 2: Guatemala – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Guatemala – Key Political Figure
Figure 4: Distribution of Seats in the Congress of the Republic, June 2019
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP Growth in Guatemala, 2010-2020
Figure 6: Real GDP and GDP Growth Rate of Guatemala (Constant Prices), 2016-2025f
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Guatemala, 2020
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Guatemala (GTQ Billion/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 9: Industrial Output in Guatemala (GTQ Billion/%), 2016-2020f
Figure 10: Services Output in Guatemala (GTQ Billion/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 11: Guatemala’s External Trade (US$ Billion), 2016-2025f
Figure 12: FDI Inflow and Percentage of Gross Fixed Capital Formation, 2016-2019, and Number of Greenfield Investments in Guatemala, 2012-2019
Figure 13: Consumer Price Index (CPI) and CPI-based Inflation in Guatemala, 2016-2025f
Figure 14: Healthcare Expenditure (US$ Billion/%), 2012-2018
Figure 15: Gross Enrollment Rate (%), 2011-2019
Figure 15: Number of Patents Granted, 2015-2020
Figure 16: Internet Subscribers and Growth in Guatemala (Millions/%), 2016-2020