Dominican Republic: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 33
- Published: May 2019
- Report Code: ML00003-016
This PEST country analysis report on Dominican Republic provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Dominican Republic through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Dominican Republic through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Dominican Republic through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Dominican Republic through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Dominican Republic , as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Dominican Republic 's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Dominican Republic in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Dominican Republic perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Dominican Republic perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Dominican Republic perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments January 2018May 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figures
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.3. Key political parties
3.3.4. Composition of Government
3.3.5. Key policies
3.3.6. Foreign policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.3.3. GDP and growth rate
4.3.4. GDP composition by sector
4.3.5. Fiscal situation
4.3.6. Current account
4.3.7. Foreign trade
4.3.8. External debt
4.3.9. International investment position
4.3.10. Monetary situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.4.1. Telecommunications, broadband, and internet
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Dominican Republic Key Facts, 2019
Table 2: Dominican Republic Population by Age (as a Percentage of the Total Population), 2018e
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of the Dominican Republic
Figure 2: Dominican Republic Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Dominican Republic Head of State and Government, 2018
Figure 4: Dominican Republic Distribution of Seats in the House of Representatives (number of seats), 2018
Figure 5: Dominican Republic Evolution of GDP Growth (%), 20082018
Figure 6: Dominican Republic GDP and GDP Growth (US$ Bn/%), 20132023f
Figure 7: Dominican Republic GDP by Sector (%), 2018
Figure 8: Dominican Republic Agricultural Output (DOP Bn/%), 20132018
Figure 9: Dominican Republic Industrial Output (DOP Bn / %), 20132018
Figure 10: Dominican Republic Services Output (DOP Tn / %), 20132018
Figure 11: Dominican Republic Trade Position (US$ Bn), 20132017
Figure 12: Dominican Republic Consumer Price Index (CPI) and CPI-Based Inflation, 20132023f
Figure 13: Dominican Republic Unemployment (Thousands), 20132023f
Figure 14: Dominican Republic Major Religions (%), 2019
Figure 15: Dominican Republic Healthcare Expenditure ($ Bn / %), 20112017
Figure 16: Dominican Republic Internet Users and Penetration Rate (Millions/%), 20142018e