Cyprus: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 35
- Published: October 2019
- Report Code: ML00003-015
This PEST country analysis report on Cyprus provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Cyprus through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Cyprus through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Cyprus through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Cyprus through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Cyprus, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Cyprus's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Cyprus in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Cyprus perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Cyprus perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Cyprus perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments in January 2018 - September 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figures
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.3. Key policies
3.3.5. Foreign and defense policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.4.1. GDP and growth rate
4.4.2. Fiscal situation
4.4.3. International investment position
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.2. Structure and policies
5.2.1. Demographic composition
5.2.4. Social welfare
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.2. Structure and policies
6.2.1. Research and development
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Cyprus – key facts, 2019
Table 2: Mid-year population by age (% of total population), 2018e
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Cyprus
Figure 2: Cyprus – key political events timeline
Figure 3: Cyprus – key political figure
Figure 4: Distribution of seats by political parties as of 2019 in Cyprus
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP growth in Cyprus, 2008-2018
Figure 6: GDP and GDP growth rate of Cyprus (constant prices), 2013-23f
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Cyprus, 2018e
Figure 8: Agricultural output in Cyprus, 2013-18e
Figure 9: Industrial output in Cyprus, 2013-18e
Figure 10: Services output in Cyprus, 2013-18e
Figure 11: Cyprus’s balance of trade position, 2014-18
Figure 12: Consumer price index (CPI) and CPI-based inflation in Cyprus, 2013-22f
Figure 13: Unemployment in Cyprus, 2012-22f
Figure 14: Major religions in Cyprus
Figure 15: Expenditure on healthcare in Cyprus, 2010-16
Figure 16: Government expenditure on education in Cyprus, 2010-16
Figure 17: Internet users in Cyprus, 2013-18e