Costa Rica: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 35
- Published: July 2019
- Report Code: ML00003-013
This PEST country analysis report on Costa Rica provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Costa Rica through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Costa Rica through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Costa Rica through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Costa Rica through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Costa Rica , as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Costa Rica 's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Costa Rica in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Costa Rica perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Costa Rica perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Costa Rica perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments January 2018 - June 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figures
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.3. Key political parties
3.3.4. Composition of government
3.3.5. Key policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.4.1. GDP and growth rate
4.4.2. GDP composition by sector
4.4.3. Fiscal situation
4.4.4. Current account
4.4.5. Foreign trade
4.4.6. International investment position
4.4.7. Monetary situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
5.4.2. Income distribution
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.3.1. Intellectual property
6.3.3. ICT sector
6.4.1. Telecommunications, broadband, and internet
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Costa Rica – Key Facts, 2019
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (as a Percentage of the Total Population), 2018
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Costa Rica
Figure 2: Costa Rica – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Costa Rica – Head of State and Government
Figure 4: Costa Rica – Distribution of Seats by Political Party in the 2018 Elections
Figure 5: Costa Rica – Evolution of GDP Growth (%), 2007-2018
Figure 6: Costa Rica – GDP and GDP Growth (US$bn / %), 2013-2023f
Figure 7: Costa Rica – GDP by Sector (%), 2018e
Figure 8: Costa Rica – Agricultural Output (CRC Tn / %), 2013-2018e
Figure 9: Costa Rica – Industrial Output (CRC Tn / %), 2013-2018e
Figure 10: Costa Rica – Services Output (CRC Tn / %), 2013-2018e
Figure 11: Costa Rica – Trade Position (US$ Bn), 2013-2018
Figure 12: Costa Rica – Consumer Price Index (CPI) and CPI-Based Inflation, 2013-2023f
Figure 13: Costa Rica – Unemployment (Thousands), 2013-2023f
Figure 14: Costa Rica – Major Religions (%)
Figure 15: Costa Rica – Healthcare Expenditure (US$bn / %), 2011-2017
Figure 16: Costa Rica – Internet Users and Penetration (millions / %), 2013-2018e