Botswana: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 34
- Published: July 2019
- Report Code: ML00003-009
This PEST country analysis report on Botswana provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Botswana through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Botswana through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Botswana through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Botswana through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Botswana , as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Botswana 's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Botswana in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Botswana perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Botswana perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Botswana perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments January 2018June 2019
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figures
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.3. Structure of legislature
3.3.4. Composition of government
3.3.5. Key policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.4.1. GDP and growth rate
4.4.2. Fiscal situation
4.4.3. External debt
4.4.4. International investment position
4.4.5. Monetary situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
5.3.4. Social welfare
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.3.1. Intellectual property
6.3.2. Research and development
6.4.1. Opportunity sectors
6.4.2. Research and development
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Botswana – Key Facts, 2019
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (Percentage of Population) in 2018
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Botswana
Figure 2: Botswana – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Botswana – Key Political Figures
Figure 4: Distribution of Seats in Parliament following the October 2014 Elections
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP Growth in Botswana, 2007-2018
Figure 6: GDP and GDP Growth Rate of Botswana, 2013-2023f
Figure 7: Sector-Specific GDP in Botswana, 2017
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Botswana, 2012-2017
Figure 7: Industrial Output in Botswana, 2012-2017
Figure 10: Services Output in Botswana, 2012-2017
Figure 11: External Trade, 2013-2018
Figure 12: Consumer Price Index and CPI-based Inflation in Botswana, 2013-2023f
Figure 13: Unemployment in Botswana, 2013-2023f
Figure 14: Major Religions in Botswana, 2011
Figure 15: Healthcare Expenditure, 2011-2017
Figure 16: Internet Users in Botswana, 2013-2018e