Belarus In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 41
- Published: April 2021
- Report Code: ML00003-007
This PEST country analysis report on Belarus provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Belarus through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Belarus through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Belarus through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Belarus through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Belarus, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Belarus's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Belarus in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Belarus perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Belarus perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Belarus perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key Highlights
1.3. Key Developments (April 2020-March 2021)
1.4. Impact of COVID-19 on the Belarusian economy
1.4.2. Government measures
188.8.131.52. Travel ban
1.4.3. Impact on the economy
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key Facts
2.2. Geographical Location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and Policies
3.3.1. Key Political Figures
3.3.2. Government Structure
3.3.3. Structure of legislature
3.3.4. Key Political Parties
3.4. Key Policies
3.4.3. Foreign and defense
3.5.1. Governance Indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and Policies
4.3.1. Financial System
4.4.1. GDP and Growth Rate
4.4.2. GDP Composition by Sector
4.4.3. Fiscal Situation
4.4.4. Foreign Trade
4.4.5. External Debt
4.4.6. International Investment Position
4.4.7. Monetary Situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and Policies
5.3.1. Demographic Composition
5.4.2. Income distribution
5.4.3. Standard of living
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.2.2. Intellectual property
6.3.1. Telecommunications, Broadband, and Internet
7. ASK THE ANALYST
7.1. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Belarus – Key Facts, 2021
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (Percentage of Total Population), 2020
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Belarus, 2021
Figure 2: Belarus – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Belarus – Key Political Figure
Figure 4: Belarus – Evolution of GDP Growth (%), 2011-2020e
Figure 5: Belarus – GDP and GDP Growth Rate (Constant Prices) (US$ Bn/%), 2016-2025f
Figure 7: Belarus – Sector Specific GDP (%), 2020
Figure 8: Belarus – Agricultural Output (BYR Bn/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 9: Belarus – Industrial Output (BYR Bn/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 10: Belarus – Services Output (BYR Bn/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 11: Belarus – Volume of Exports and Imports Growth (%), 2016-2025f
Figure 6: FDI Inflows and Gross Fixed Capital Formation (Bn/%) (2016-2019) and Number of Greenfield Investments (2012-2019) in Belarus
Figure 13: Belarus – Consumer Price Index (CPI) and CPI-based Inflation, 2016-2025f
Figure 14: Belarus – Unemployment Rate (%), 2016-2025f
Figure 15: Belarus – Major Religions (%), 2011
Figure 16: Belarus – Healthcare Expenditure (US$ Bn/%), 2012-2018
Figure 17: Gross and Net Enrollment Rate (%) and TVET as % of Total Enrollment in Secondary Education (2015-2018)
Figure 18: Number of Patents Granted (2011-2020)
Figure 19: Belarus – Internet Users and Penetration (Million), 2016-2020e