Bangladesh In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 41
- Published: February 2021
- Report Code: ML00003-006
This PEST country analysis report on Bangladesh provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Bangladesh through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Bangladesh through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Bangladesh through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Bangladesh through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Bangladesh, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Bangladesh's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Bangladesh in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Bangladesh perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Bangladesh perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Bangladesh perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key highlights
1.3. Key developments (March 2020 - February 2021)
1.4. Impact of COVID-19 on Bangladesh’s economy
1.4.2. Government measures
22.214.171.124. Travel ban
1.4.3. Impact on the economy
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key facts
2.2. Geographical location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and policies
3.3.1. Key political figures
3.3.2. Structure of government
3.3.3. Key political parties
3.3.4. Key policies
3.4.1. Governance indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and policies
4.3.1. Financial system
4.4.1. GDP and growth rate
4.4.2. GDP composition by sector
4.4.3. Fiscal situation
4.4.4. Current account
4.4.5. Foreign trade
4.4.6. General government gross debt
4.4.7. International investment position
4.4.8. Monetary situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and policies
5.3.1. Demographic composition
5.4.2. Income distribution
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and policies
6.3.1. Intellectual property
6.3.2. Research and development
6.4.1. Telecommunications, broadband, and internet
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Bangladesh – Key Facts, 2021
Table 2: Bangladesh – Population by Age (as a Percentage of the Total Population), 2020
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Bangladesh, 2021
Figure 2: Bangladesh – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Bangladesh – Head of State and Government
Figure 4: Bangladesh – Distribution of Seats by Political Party, 2020 Elections
Figure 5: Bangladesh – Evolution of GDP Growth (%), 2011-2020e
Figure 6: Bangladesh – GDP and GDP Growth Rate (US$ Billion/%), 2016-2025f
Figure 7: Bangladesh – Sector-specific GDP (%), 2020
Figure 8: Bangladesh – Agricultural Output (BDT Trillion/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 9: Bangladesh – Industrial Output (BDT Trillion/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 10: Bangladesh – Services Output (BDT Trillion/%), 2016-2021f
Figure 11: Bangladesh – Volume of Exports and Imports of Goods and Services (%), 2016-2025f
Figure 12: Bangladesh – FDI Inflows and Percentage of Gross Fixed Capital Formation (US$ Billion/%), 2016-2019, and Number of Greenfield Investments, 2013-2019
Figure 13: Bangladesh – Consumer Price Index (CPI) and CPI-based Inflation, 2016-2025f
Figure 14: Bangladesh – Unemployment Rate (%), 2016-2025f
Figure 15: Bangladesh – Major Religions (%), 2013
Figure 16: Bangladesh – Healthcare Expenditure (US$ Billion/% of GDP), 2012-2018
Figure 17: Bangladesh – Gross and Net Enrollment Ratio (%), 2015-2019, and Government Expenditure on Education (%), 2017-2019
Figure 18: Bangladesh – Patents Granted per Million Persons, 2013-2020
Figure 19: Bangladesh – Internet Users and Penetration (Millions/%), 2016-2020