Algeria: In-depth PEST Insights
- Pages: 39
- Published: June 2020
- Report Code: ML00003-002
This PEST country analysis report on Algeria provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Algeria through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Algeria through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Algeria through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Algeria through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Algeria, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Algeria's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Algeria in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Algeria perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Algeria perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Algeria perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key Highlights
1.3. Key Developments (March 2019-May 2020)
1.4. Impact of COVID19 on the Algerian economy
1.4.2. Government measures
220.127.116.11. Travel ban
1.4.3. Impact on the economy
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES
2. KEY FACTS AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION
2.1. Key Facts
2.2. Geographical Location
3. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
3.3. Structure and Policies
3.3.1. Key Political Figures
3.3.2. Structure of Government
3.3.3. Key Policies
3.3.6. Foreign and Defense Policies
3.4.1. Governance Indicators
4. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
4.3. Structure and Policies
4.3.1. Financial System
4.3.2. Financial Authorities and Regulators
4.4.1. GDP and Growth Rate
4.4.2. GDP Composition by Sector
4.4.3. Fiscal Situation
4.4.4. Current Account
4.4.5. Foreign Trade
4.5. External Debt
4.6. International Investment Position
4.6.1. Monetary Situation
5. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and Policies
5.3.1. Demographic Composition
5.3.4. Social Welfare
5.4.2. Income Distribution
6. TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and Policies
6.4.1. Telecommunications, Broadband, and Internet
7.1. Ask the analyst
7.2. About MarketLine
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Algeria – Key Facts, 2020
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (Percentage of Total Population), 2019
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Algeria
Figure 2: Algeria – Key Political Events Timeline
Figure 3: Algeria – Key Political Figures
Figure 4: Distribution of Seats in the National People's Assembly after the 2017 Elections
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP Growth in Algeria, 2010-2019
Figure 6: GDP and GDP Growth Rate of Algeria (Constant Prices), 2015-2022f
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Algeria, 2019
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Algeria (AOA Tn/%), 2014-2019
Figure 9: Industrial Output in Algeria (AOA Tn/%), 2014-2019
Figure 10: Services Output in Algeria (AOA Tn/%), 2014-2019
Figure 11: Trade Position in Algeria (US$ Billion), 2014-2018
Figure 12: Algeria- FDI Inflows US$Bn (2016-2018) and Number of Greenfield Investments (2012-2018)
Figure 13: Inflation Rate in Algeria, 2015-2022f
Figure 14: Unemployment Rate in Algeria (%), 2015-2022f
Figure 15: Major Religions in Algeria
Figure 16: Healthcare Expenditure in Algeria (US$ Billion/%), 2013-2018
Figure 17: Gross and Net Enrollment Rate (%) (2015-2018)
Figure 18: Internet Users in Algeria (Millions/%), 2014-2019