Singapore: In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Pages: 74
- Published: June 2020
- Report Code: ML00002-024
This PESTLE country analysis report on Singapore provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
– Understand the political system in Singapore through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
– Understand the economic situation in Singapore through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
– Understand customer demographics in Singapore through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
– Understand the technological landscape in Singapore through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
– Understand the legal landscape in Singapore through analysis of the judicial system as well as performance of the legal indicators
– Understand the environmental landscape in Singapore through analysis of the environmental regulations and the performance of the environmental indicators
– The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Singapore, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
– The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Singapore 's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
– The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Singapore in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Singapore perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Singapore perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Singapore perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
1.2.1. Key findings
1.2.1. PESTLE Highlights
1.2.2. Key Fundamentals
2. KEY FACTS
3. GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION
4. PESTLE ANALYSIS
5. POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
5.3. Structure and Policies
5.3.1. Key Political Figures
5.3.2. Structure of the government
Executive branch of government
5.3.3. Structure of legislature
5.3.4. Key Policies
5.4.1. Governance indicators
6. ECONOMIC LANDSCAPE
6.3. Structure and Policies
6.3.1. Financial system
6.4.1. GDP and growth rate
6.4.4. Current account
6.4.5. Exports and imports
6.4.6. Credit rating
6.4.10. Foreign investments
7. SOCIAL LANDSCAPE
8. LEGAL LANDSCAPE
9. ENVIRONMENTAL LANDSCAPE
9.3. Structure and policies
9.3.1. Environmental regulations
9.3.2. Environmental actions
ISO codes of selected countries
10.1. Ask the analyst
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Singapore – Key Fundamentals(2017-2024f)
Table 2: Singapore – Key Facts, 2020
Table 3: Analysis of Singapore’s Political Landscape
Table 4: Analysis of Singapore’s Economic Landscape
Table 5: Analysis of Singapore’s Social System
Table 6: Analysis of Singapore’s Technology Landscape
Table 7: Analysis of Singapore’s Legal Landscape
Table 8: Analysis of Singapore’s Environmental Landscape
Table 9: Mid-Year Population Age by Gender (as a percentage of total population), 2019
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1:Map of Singapore
Figure 2: Foreign Direct Investment by Country, 2013-2018
Figure 3: Foreign Direct Investment Stocks (US$ Bn), 2010-2018
Figure 4:Foreign Direct Investment Share by Sector, 2018
Figure 5: Household Loans (S$ Bn), Q4 2012-Q4 2019
Figure 6: Researchers per 1,000 total employment, (2017, 2000-2017)
Figure 7: Singapore’s Waste Recycling Rate (Tonnes/%), 2018
Figure 8: Singapore – Political Events Timeline
Figure 9: Singapore – Key Political Figures
Figure 10: Distribution of Seats by Political Parties, September 2015
Figure 11: Evolution of Real GDP Growth in Singapore (%), 2010-2020e
Figure 12:Real GDP and Growth Rate in Singapore, 2014-24f
Figure 13:GDP composition by sector in Singapore, 2019
Figure 14: Agricultural output in Singapore, 2013-19
Figure 15: Industrial Output in Singapore, 2013-19
Figure 16: Services output in Singapore, 2013-19
Figure 17:Singapore’s External Trade, 2014-19
Figure 18: Consumer Price Index and CPI-based Inflation in Singapore, 2014-24f
Figure 19: Unemployment in Singapore, 2014-24f
Figure 20: Expenditure on Healthcare in Singapore, 2009-18
Figure 21: Public expenditure on education in Singapore, 2008-16
Figure 22: Internet users in Singapore, 2014-19e
Figure 23:CO2 emissions in Singapore, 2010-17