The Mid-Size Pharmaceutical Market: Market Assessment, Growth Forecasts and Strategic Consolidations for Key Players
- Pages: 140
- Published: April 2018
- Report Code: GBI089CBR
GBI Research’s latest report, The Mid-Size Pharmaceutical Market: Market Assessment, Growth Forecasts and Strategic Consolidations for Key Players, provides an in-depth assessment of the current trends in the global mid-size pharma market, along with growth strategies being pursued by these companies.
The report contains an overview of mid-size pharma companies in terms of overall revenue, R&D spending, number of pipeline and marketed products, number of employees, location of headquarters, year-on-year revenue and R&D expenditure. It also includes profiles of the top mid-size companies with overall revenue forecasts, and sales forecasts for top marketed products and late-stage pipeline products up to 2023.
Pharmaceutical companies with annual revenue in 2016 of between $1 billion and $10 billion are considered to be mid-size companies in the report. The mid-size pharma market is growing rapidly. Most of these companies are focusing heavily on developing a portfolio of generic products covering a variety of therapy areas and geographies. They have been competing with large pharma by developing generic products of high value innovative biologics after their patent expiry.
Additionally, the top mid-size companies are involved in the end-to-end development of innovative products, although in these cases their focus is limited to specific therapy areas. A few mid-size companies diverge from the typical trends and are particularly focused on rare diseases. A wide range of strategies, such as mergers and acquisitions, in-house R&D, a shift towards high value generics and a focus on rare diseases, are being pursued by mid-size pharma companies to sustain and grow in the market.
This report provides key insights on the mid-size pharma industry, from data covering over 80 mid-size companies – both those focused exclusively on pharma, and those also involved in other divisions of healthcare, such as medical devices, in addition to pharma products.
– How can the mid-sized pharma segment be defined in general, and what is its role in the industry?
– Which mid-size pharma companies are on the leaders in terms of revenue, R&D expenditure, number of R&D products, marketed products and number of employees in 2016?
– What is the revenue forecast for the key mid-size companies in 2023?
– What are the key marketed products of the top mid-size pharma companies? What were the global sales figures in 2016 and what are the forecasts for 2023 for these products?
– Which therapy areas are the key mid-size companies are focusing on? What are the global sales forecasts of late-stage pipeline products that are set to enter the market during the forecast period?
– What was the year-on-year revenue growth and year-on-year R&D expenditure of key mid-size pharma companies between 2014 and 2016?
– What are the key strategies followed by mid-size pharma companies to improve their revenue and push towards joining the large pharma segment?
– What are the key challenges faced by mid-size pharma companies?
Reasons to buy
- Interpret the key players in the mid-size pharma segment through the analysis of companies, particularly based on R&D investments, year-on-year revenue and R&D expenditure, and pipeline and marketed products.
- Gain insights on how mid-size pharma companies have explored new technologies to shape their current portfolios and R&D pipelines.
- Understand the detailed profiling of top mid-size pharma companies based on their revenue in 2016. The profiling of the companies includes top-selling marketed products, major late-stage pipeline products expected to enter into the market in the near future and their forecasts, and key deals analysis.
- Recognize the various challenges faced by mid-size pharma companies.
- Understand the major growth strategies followed by mid-size pharma companies in recent years.
Table of Contents
What is the Mid-Sized Pharma Segment and What is its Role in the Industry?
Why is Mid-size Pharma a Key Element of the Industry?
Mid-size Pharma Players with Revenue Forecasts
Comparative Analysis and Ranking - Based on
Number of Pipeline Products
Number of Marketed Products
Number of Employees
Location of Headquarter
Year-on-Year R&D Expenditure
Mid-size Pharma Companies - Growth Strategies related to Deals and Collaborations
Mergers and Acquisitions
Licensing Agreements and Partnerships
In-House Research and Development
Shift towards High-Value Generics from Low-Value Generics
Specialized Therapy Areas and Rare Diseases
Top Mid-size Pharma Companies
Les Laboratories Servier
Kyowa Hakko Kirin
Top Marketed Products
Late stage Products with Sales Forecast
Deals by Value and Volume
Top Small Pharma Companies Likely to Enter the Mid-size Segment
Challenges Faced by Mid-size Pharma
List of Mid-size Pharma Companies