City Profile – Indore; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
- Pages: 34
- Published: June 2018
- Report Code: ER0182CP
Indore is the largest city of Madhya Pradesh and administrative headquarter of Indore district and Indore division. The city is a hub of industrial, technological and educational activities and therefore regarded as the commercial capital of Madhya Pradesh. It has a diverse economic portfolio, majorly supported by pharmaceutical companies, food processing sector, IT, textile textiles and machinery industry.
“City Profile – Indore” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Indore. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
– The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy – and the major employer.
– Tourism is one of the major industries in Madhya Pradesh with a potential to drive economic growth. The area’s construction industry contributed 8.5% to the city’s total GVA in 2017 and is projected to grow, supported by various construction projects.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Table of Contents
City Snapshot 2
PEST Analysis 6
Technology and Infrastructure 21
Internal Transport Networks 21
Business Environment Analysis 25
Travel and Tourism 27
Tourism Flows 27
Construction and Real Estate 30
Real Estate Market 31
Retail Market 32
Further Reading 33
Ask the Analyst 33
About MarketLine 33
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Indore city – key facts (estimates), 2017 2
Table 2: Indore city — real GDP growth, 2000-25 9
Table 3: Indore city — economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11
Table 4: Indore city — GDP per capita comparison (2000-25) (US$) 13
Table 5: Indore city – employment structure (2000-25) (% of total) 15
Table 6: Indore city – population comparison (2000-25) (million) 18
Table 7: Indore city – population by age (2000-25) (% of total) 20
Table 8: Indore city- mass transit network indicators, 2018 22
Table 9: Indore city – Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Airport key indicators 24
Table 10: Madhya Pradesh – key tourism indicators 27
Table 11: Indore city – MICE and Other Events 29
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Indore city — real GDP growth, 2000-25 8
Figure 2: Indore city — economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10
Figure 3: Indore city — GDP per capita comparison (2000-25) 12
Figure 4: Indore city – employment structure (2000-25) (% of total) 14
Figure 5: Indore city — population comparison (2000-25) 17
Figure 6: Indore city – population by age (2000-25) (% of total) 19