City Profile – Minsk; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
- Pages: 31
- Published: April 2018
- Report Code: ER0170CP
Minsk city is the capital of the Republic of Belarus, situated on the banks of Svisloch and Nyamiha rivers. The city also serves as the administrative center of Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and holds special administrative status in Belarus. The city accounts for more than 28% of the Belarus’s total GDP. Rapid growth in the industry and tertiary sectors and improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile – Minsk” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Minsk. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
– The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy – and the major employer, with contribution of more than 69% of the total GVA.
– Minsk witnessed a strong performance in the construction sector with increasing number of investment projects.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Table of Contents
City Snapshot 2
PEST Analysis 6
Technology and Infrastructure 21
Internal Transport Networks 21
Business Environment Analysis 24
Travel and Tourism 25
Tourism Flows 25
Construction and Real Estate 28
Real Estate Market 28
Retail Market 29
Consumption, income and prices 29
Further Reading 30
Ask the Analyst 30
About MarketLine 30
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Minsk city -key facts, 2017 (estimates) 2
Table 2: Minsk city -real GDP growth, 2000-25 9
Table 3: Minsk city -real GDP growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11
Table 4: Minsk city-GDP per capita comparison (2000-25) (US$) 13
Table 5: Minsk city-employment structure (2000-25) (% of total) 15
Table 6: Minsk city -population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 18
Table 7: Minsk city -population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20
Table 8: Minsk city -key airport indicators 23
Table 9: Minsk city – office rents, H1 2017 24
Table 10: Belarus -international country of arrivals to the country( tourist excluding CIS countries) 25
Table 11: Minsk city – UNESCO World heritage sites 26
Table 12: Minsk city – MICE and Other Events 27
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Minsk city -real GDP growth, 2000-25 8
Figure 2: Minsk city – real GDP growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10
Figure 3: Minsk city-GDP per capita comparison (2000-25) 12
Figure 4: Minsk city -employment structure (2000-25) (% of total) 14
Figure 5: Minsk city -population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 17
Figure 6: Minsk city -population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 19