City Profile – Guangzhou ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
- Pages: 34
- Published: August 2019
- Report Code: ER0163CP
Guangzhou metropolitan area is the capital and political, economic and cultural center of Guangdong Province in China. The area’s nominal GDP accounting for 2.6% of the national GDP in 2018. Improvements in the service and secondary sector, mainly by manufacturing, trade activities, hotel and restaurants are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile – Guangzhou” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Guangzhou. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
-Â The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy – and the major employer.
– Guangzhou is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth in 2016. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Table of Contents
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the Analyst
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Guangzhou metropolitan area – key facts (estimates), 2018
Table 2: Guangzhou metropolitan area – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Guangzhou metropolitan area – economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Guangzhou metropolitan area – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Guangzhou metropolitan area – employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Guangzhou metropolitan area – main universities, 2018
Table 7: Guangzhou metropolitan area – population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Guangzhou metropolitan area – population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Guangzhou metropolitan area – mass transit network indicators, 2018
Table 10: Guangzhou metropolitan area – Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport key indicators, 2014-18 (number)
Table 11: Guangzhou city – Fortune Global 500 Companies, HQ in city, 2018
Table 12: Guangzhou city – office rents, Q1 2019
Table 13: Guangzhou city – tourist visitors (million)
Table 14: Guangzhou city – overnight visitors (million)
Table 15: Guangzhou city – MICE and other events
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Guangzhou metropolitan area – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Guangzhou metropolitan area – economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Guangzhou metropolitan area – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Guangzhou metropolitan area – employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Guangzhou metropolitan area – population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Guangzhou metropolitan area – population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)