City Profile – Sharjah ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
- Pages: 34
- Published: April 2019
- Report Code: ER0161CP
Sharjah has the most diverse economic base among all emirates of UAE. Over the past decade (2009-18), the emirate’s economy in real terms grew at an annual average rate of 4.8%. Lower reliance on the oil and gas sector unlike other gulf cities, and policies to attract more foreign direct investment have driven Sharjah’s economy.
“City Profile – Sharjah” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Sharjah. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
-Â The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy – and the major employer.
– Sharjah is gradually becoming one of the key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists of UAE. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Table of Contents
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the Analyst
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Sharjah emirate – key facts (estimates), 2018
Table 2: Sharjah emirate – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Sharjah emirate – economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Sharjah emirate – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Sharjah emirate – employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Sharjah emirate – main universities, 2019
Table 7: Sharjah emirate – population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Sharjah emirate – population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Sharjah emirate – Sharjah International Airport key indicators, 2015-18
Table 10: Sharjah emirate – Office rents, Q4 2017
Table 11: Sharjah emirate – MICE and other events
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Sharjah emirate – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Sharjah emirate – economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Sharjah emirate – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Sharjah emirate – employment structure, 2000-25
Figure 5: Sharjah emirate – population comparison (2000-25)
Figure 6: Sharjah emirate – population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)