City Profile – Calgary; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
- Pages: 31
- Published: December 2018
- Report Code: ER0139CP
The Calgary metropolitan area is located in Alberta province in Canada and is the third most populous in the country after Toronto and Montreal. Service sector is a major contributor with 52.3% share to the overall GVA of region’s economy in 2017.
“City Profile Calgary” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Calgary.
The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
– The service sector mainly drives the economic growth of the region, accounting for 52.3% of total GVA followed by the industrial sector (46.6%) and the agriculture sector (1.1%) in 2017.
– Being strategically located between Canadian prairies and foothills of Canadian Rockies, Calgary is a key tourist destination in Canada and has recorded rapid growth over the last year. Strong performance is recorded in construction industry, residential market and permits issued.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Table of Contents
City Snapshot 2
PEST Analysis 6
Technology and Infrastructure 21
Internal Transport Networks 21
Business Environment Analysis 23
Travel and Tourism 24
Tourism Flows 24
Construction and Real Estate 27
Real Estate Market 28
Retail Market 29
Consumption, Income and Prices 29
Further Reading 30
Ask the Analyst 30
About MarketLine 30
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Calgary metropolitan area key facts (estimates), 2017 2
Table 2: Calgary metropolitan area real GDP growth, 2000-25 9
Table 3: Calgary metropolitan area economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11
Table 4: Calgary metropolitan area GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$) 13
Table 5: Calgary metropolitan area employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 15
Table 6: Calgary metropolitan area main universities, 2018 16
Table 7: Calgary metropolitan area population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 18
Table 8: Calgary metropolitan area population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20
Table 9: Calgary city mass transit network indicators, Q2 2018 21
Table 10: Calgary metropolitan area Calgary International Airport key indicators, 2013 YTD Q3 2018 (number) 22
Table 11: Calgary city Fortune 500 companies with main HQ in the city, 2018 23
Table 12: Calgary city office rents, Q2 2018 23
Table 13: Calgary city hotel KPIs 25
Table 14: Calgary city UNESCO World Heritage Sites 25
Table 15: Calgary city MICE and Other Events 26
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Calgary metropolitan area real GDP growth, 2000-25 8
Figure 2: Calgary metropolitan area economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10
Figure 3: Calgary metropolitan area GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 12
Figure 4: Calgary metropolitan area employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 14
Figure 5: Calgary metropolitan area population comparison, 2000-25 17
Figure 6: Calgary metropolitan area population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 19