City Profile – Bogota ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
- Pages: 35
- Published: April 2019
- Report Code: ER0123CP
Bogota is the capital city of Columbia. The city is a part of Bogota metropolitan area. The city with strong presence of service sector is a key contributor to Columbia’s economy contributing around 31.1% of the national GDP. The region's economy is dominated by financial intermediation, real estate; wholesale and retail trade; hotels and restaurants.
“City Profile – Bogota” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Bogota. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
– Bogota as one of the best cities for foreign investment in Latin America. The city is represented as one of the most attractive places for tourists in Colombia. Construction sector accounts for 7.7% of the Bogota’s nominal GDP.
– An increase in construction related projects in public transport, offices and residences will make the industry worth US$10.6 billion by 2025.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Table of Contents
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the Analyst
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Bogota metropolitan area – key facts (estimates), 2018
Table 2: Bogota metropolitan area – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Bogota metropolitan area – economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Bogota metropolitan area – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Bogota metropolitan area – employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Bogota metropolitan area – main universities, 2019
Table 7: Bogota metropolitan area – population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Bogota metropolitan area – population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Bogota metropolitan area – mass transit network indicators, H1 2018
Table 10: Bogota metropolitan area – El Dorado International Bogota Airport, key airport indicators, 2015-18
Table 11: Bogota city – prime office rent, 2017
Table 12: Bogota city – tourist arrival , 2016-2018*
Table 13: Bogota city – international guest arrivals by country of residence, 2016-18*
Table 14: Bogota metropolitan area – MICE and other events
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Bogota metropolitan area – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Bogota metropolitan area – economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Bogota metropolitan area – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Bogota metropolitan area – employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Bogota metropolitan area – population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Bogota metropolitan area – population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)