City Profile – Vilnius; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
- Pages: 32
- Published: December 2018
- Report Code: ER0110CP
Vilnius city is part of the Vilnius metropolitan area or Vilnius County. Vilnius is the capital city of Lithuania and it is the country’s largest city in terms population with 546,526 people. The area has a strong presence of industry and service sectors. The area's economy is dominated by tourism, financial intermediation, real estate; wholesale and retail trade; hotels and restaurants.
“City Profile Vilnius” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Vilnius. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
– The service sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy and the major employers.
– Vilnius is a key tourist destinations in Lithuania, for both domestic and international tourists. The tourism and hospitality sectors are experiencing a healthy growth. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Table of Contents
City Snapshot 2
PEST Analysis 6
Technology and Infrastructure 21
Internal Transport Networks 21
Business Environment Analysis 23
Travel and Tourism 24
Tourism Flows 24
Construction and Real Estate 28
Real Estate Market 29
Retail Market 30
Consumption, Income and Prices 30
Further Reading 31
Ask the Analyst 31
About MarketLine 31
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Vilnius metropolitan area key facts (estimates), 2017 2
Table 2: Vilnius metropolitan area real GDP growth, 2000-25 9
Table 3: Vilnius metropolitan area economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11
Table 4: Vilnius metropolitan area GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$) 13
Table 5: Vilnius metropolitan area employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 15
Table 6: Vilnius metropolitan area population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 18
Table 7: Vilnius metropolitan area population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20
Table 8: Vilnius city mass transit network indicators, 2017 21
Table 9: Vilnius metropolitan area key airport indicators, (numbers) 22
Table 10: Vilnius city office rents, Q2 2018 23
Table 11: Vilnius city guest arrivals in accommodation establishments 24
Table 12: Vilnius city international guest arrivals by country of residence 25
Table 13: Vilnius metropolitan area accommodation establishments information 26
Table 14: Vilnius city major indicators 26
Table 15: Vilnius metropolitan area UNESCO World Heritage Sites 27
Table 16: Vilnius metropolitan area MICE and other events 27
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Vilnius metropolitan area real GDP growth, 2000-25 8
Figure 2: Vilnius metropolitan area economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10
Figure 3: Vilnius metropolitan area GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 12
Figure 4: Vilnius metropolitan area employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 14
Figure 5: Vilnius metropolitan area population comparison, 2000-25 17
Figure 6: Vilnius metropolitan area population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 19