Tokyo – Comprehensive Overview of the City, Pest Analysis and Analysis of Key Industries including Technology, Tourism and Hospitality, Construction and Retail
- Pages: 37
- Published: April 2020
- Report Code: ER0045CP
“City Profile – Tokyo” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Lisbon. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends. "
Tokyo metropolitan area is the most populous city in Japan. Tokyo is the economic center of Japan accounting for around 35.3% of the national GDP in 2019. Rapid growth in the industry and tertiary sectors and improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
– The service sector remains the key contributor to the area’s economy – and the major employer.
– Tokyo is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and witnessed a significant growth over the past two years.
– Business tourism stands a contributor to the tourism sector. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Table of Contents
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Tokyo metropolitan area – key facts (estimates), 2019
Table 2: Tokyo metropolitan area – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Tokyo metropolitan area – economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Tokyo metropolitan area – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Tokyo metropolitan area – employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Tokyo metropolitan area – main universities, 2019
Table 7: Tokyo metropolitan area – population comparison, 2000-25 (number)
Table 8: Tokyo metropolitan area – population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Tokyo metropolitan area – mass transit network indicators, 2017
Table 10: Tokyo metropolitan area – Haneda Airport, key airport indicators, FY2016-19*
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Tokyo metropolitan area – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Tokyo metropolitan area – economic growth comparison (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Tokyo metropolitan area – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Tokyo metropolitan area – employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Tokyo metropolitan area – population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Tokyo metropolitan area – population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)