City Profile – Dubai; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
- Pages: 36
- Published: August 2018
- Report Code: ER0021CP
Dubai is one of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and is one of the fastest growing cities in the world in terms of population. The region's economy is dominated by the services industries such as wholesale and retail trade; hotels and restaurants; transport and information.
“City Profile – Dubai” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Dubai. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
-Â The service and industry sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy – and the major employers.
– Dubai is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists. Specially driven by leisure and business tourists, the sector experienced healthy growth.
– Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing number of building completions.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Table of Contents
City Snapshot 2
PEST Analysis 6
Technology and Infrastructure 21
Internal Transport Networks 21
Business Environment Analysis 24
Travel and Tourism 26
Tourism Flows 26
Construction and Real Estate 32
Real Estate Market 33
Retail Market 34
Consumption, Income and Prices 34
Further Reading 35
Ask the Analyst 35
About MarketLine 35
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Dubai emirate- key facts (estimates), 2017 2
Table 2: Dubai emirate-real GDP growth, 2000-25 9
Table 3: Dubai emirate – economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11
Table 4: Dubai emirate – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$) 13
Table 5:Dubai emirate- employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 15
Table 6: Dubai emirate- population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 18
Table 7: Dubai emirate-population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20
Table 8:Dubaiemirate- mass transit network indicators, 2017 22
Table 9:Dubai International Airport (DXB) – key indicators 23
Table 10:Dubai emirate – Fortune 500 companies with main HQ, 2017 24
Table 11:Dubai emirate- office rents, Q1, 2018 25
Table 12: Dubai emirate- international overnight visitors by country of residence, 2016-18 27
Table 13: Dubai emirate- key hotel indicators as on (Jan-June), 2018 28
Table 14: Dubai emirate- key hotel performance indicators 2015-17 29
Table 15: Dubaiemirate- MICE and Other Events 31
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Dubai emirate – real GDP growth, 2000-25 8
Figure 2: Dubai emirate- economic growth (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10
Figure 3: Dubai emirate- GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 12
Figure 4: Dubai emirate – employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 14
Figure 5: Dubai emirate – population comparison,2000-25 17
Figure 6: Dubai emirate-population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 19