City Profile – Delhi; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
- Pages: 33
- Published: May 2018
- Report Code: ER0020CP
Delhi is second most populous and one of the fastest growing cities in India. The city is a key financial and technology center of India. The region's economy is dominated by the services industries such as software, financial institutions, consulting, business services, banking services, wholesale and retail trade, telecommunications and is home to a number of national and international companies.
“City Profile – Delhi” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Bangalore. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
– The service and industry sectors remain the key contributors to the regional economy – and the major employers.
– Delhi is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists. Specially driven by leisure and business tourists. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Table of Contents
City Snapshot 2
PEST Analysis 6
Technology and Infrastructure 21
Business Environment Analysis 24
Travel and Tourism 25
Tourism Flows 25
Construction and Real Estate 29
Real Estate Market 30
Retail Market 31
Further Reading 32
Ask the Analyst 32
About MarketLine 32
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: NCT – key facts (estimates), 2017 2
Table 2: National Capital Territory – real GDP growth, 2000-25 9
Table 3: National Capital Territory – economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 11
Table 4: National Capital Territory – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 13
Table 5: National Capital Territory – employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 15
Table 6: Delhi – Main Universities, 2017 16
Table 7: National Capital Territory – population comparison, 2000-25 (million) 18
Table 8: National Capital Territory – population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 20
Table 9: NCT – mass transit network indicators, 2015 22
Table 10: NCT – key airport indicators 23
Table 11: NCT – Fortune Global 500 companies, HQ in city, 2017 24
Table 12: NCT – office rents, Q4 2017 24
Table 13: NCT – Key Hotel indicators 26
Table 14: NCT – UNESCO World Heritage Sites 27
Table 15: NCT – MICE and Other Events 28
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: National Capital Territory – real GDP growth, 2000-25 8
Figure 2: National Capital Territory – economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25 10
Figure 3: National Capital Territory – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 12
Figure 4: National Capital Territory – employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total) 14
Figure 5: National Capital Territory – population comparison, 2000-25 17
Figure 6: National Capital Territory – population by age, 2000-25 (% of total) 19