City Profile – Austin ; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
- Pages: 32
- Published: August 2019
- Report Code: ER0010CP
Austin City is sixth fastest-growing economy out of 100 largest metropolitan economies in the United States. The area's nominal GDP expanded from US$148.7 billion in 2017 to US$160.9 billion in 2018, an annual growth of 8.2%. The rise in venture capital, increased hourly wages, and increasing private investments are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile – Austin” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Austin. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
-Â The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy – and the major employer.
– Austin is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Table of Contents
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the Analyst
List of Tables
List of Tables
Table 1: Austin metropolitan area – key facts (estimates), 2018
Table 2: Austin metropolitan area – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Austin metropolitan area – economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Austin metropolitan area – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Austin metropolitan area – employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Austin metropolitan area – main universities, 2018
Table 7: Austin metropolitan area – population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Austin metropolitan area – population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Austin metropolitan area – mass transit network indicators, 2018
Table 10: Austin metropolitan area – ABIA’s key indicators
Table 11: Austin metropolitan area – ABIA’s passenger traffic
Table 12: Austin metropolitan area – ABIA’s cargo traffic (tons)
Table 13: Austin city – Fortune 500 Companies, HQ in city, 2018
Table 14: Austin city – office rents, Q1 2019
Table 15: Austin city – MICE and other events
List of Figures
List of Figures
Figure 1: Austin metropolitan area – real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Austin metropolitan area – economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Austin metropolitan area – GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Austin metropolitan area – employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Austin metropolitan area – population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Austin metropolitan area – population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)